Q = U.A.LMTD .
U= Heat Transfer Co-efficient
A= Heat Transfer Surface Area
LMTD= Mean Temperature Difference
LMTD is the logarithmic temperature difference between the hot and cold fluids passing through the each ends of heat exchanger pipes.
Formula for LMTD calculation -
- The type of the heat exchanger
- temperature of the fluids at the four end positions
- Inlet temperature of the hot fluid
- Inlet temperature of the cold fluid
- Outlet temperature of the cold fluid
- Outlet temperature of the hot fluid